Lonya A. Gilbert
Lonya A. Gilbert became an attorney in 2001. She is admitted to practice in New York, Connecticut, and the District of Columbia. Her main areas of practice are:
Lonya received her J.D. from Pace University in 2000, her M.ED. from Columbia University in 2001, her M.S. from Columbia University in 1995, and her B.A. from Goucher College in 1992.
Lonya is a member of the following organizations:
- Westchester Women’s Bar Association
- Past President and current co-chair of the matrimonial committee
- Liason to WCBA and Pace Law School
- Co-chair of Programs committee
- Westchester County Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York
- Co-Chair of the Trusts & Estates/Elder Law Committee
- Phi Alpha Delta
- White Plains Bar
- Westchester Black Bar Association
She is a board member of the Westchester Women’s Bar Association Foundation along with being a board member of the Pace Women’s Justice Center Friends of Gail Committee.
In 2006, Lonya received the Doris Hoffman Outstanding New Lawyer Award from the Women’s Bar Association of the State of New York. In 2010, Lonya received the Gail Katz Memorial Award from the Pace Women’s Justice Center.
Besides the law, Lonya is the ex long-time captain of the New York Snipers hockey team. She also speaks Hebrew.